Thursday 17 August 2017

LONG LIVE PANTS TWO WAYS

Hi everyone, hope you are all having a good week.

If you are a regular reader, you shouldn't be surprised at seeing me wearing yet another bold print outfit. 
While my fellow bloggers who live in the Northern hemisphere are looking for clothes that they can wear in Fall, we, Australians, can hardly wait for summer to arrive which is hopefully not to far away.  
So I would say it is high time for us to revise our summer clothes and make the necessary adjustments, in with the new, out with the old, hence these new Long Live Pants from Sass and Bide.
Long Live Pants from Sass and Bide

As my husband rightfully observed, I do have quite a few pairs of stripy pants in my wardrobe but I somehow managed to convince him that these are "the same, same but different". 
It is not just the bold print that caught my eye but also the way these pants are constructed.   The stripes are not just running all the way down from the waist to the hem but are interrupted by the chevron-style panels that are in turn divided into front leg splits generating movement within the wide leg design. They also fitted with an elasticated waistband that could come pretty handy after a couple of drinks or a heavy dinner.
As I always expect my clothes to be versatile and adaptable and I knew without a doubt that they would look great worn casually with a plain t-shirt and a pair of flat sandals, I wanted to see if I can get more out of them.  So I put them to the test.
For the first, summer look, I paired them with a white sleeveless top with a knotted detail at the front and a pair of Dolce and Gabbana slingback shoes in bright orange colour that have been in my possession for a few years but never failed to attract attention and have earned quite a number of compliments.   
In the last few weeks I have noticed a significant number of blog posts and Instagram images containing outfits and footwear in orange colour.  I think it just shows how many of us, present company included, love the presence of this vibrant hue in our wardrobes and rightfully so as this colour is associated with meanings of joy, warmth, sunshine and happiness.
You might heard me saying before that  good shoes can make or break an outfit and having a good pair or two of great shoes should be considered as an investment that over time will deliver you the best return.
In my second test I wanted to see if I would be able to up-scale the pants into the more elegant outfit  by adding a light touch of elegance and sophistication in the form of long string of faux pearls, a long sleeve silk blouse and a pair of DVF kitten heels and I think they did well.
\
I think my newly acquired pants passed the test with the high score.  With a little effort I achieved two different looks that I will be able to wear on multiple occasion.  Both of them, however, have a a common link-  my fashion style and personality.
Which look do you prefer and why?  Please let me know

Until then
Anna
xoxo




























No comments:

Post a Comment